Pregnancy Massage – maintain good health and wellbeing during pregnancy
Pregnancy is a very exciting and sometimes challenging time for a woman.
Your body is in a constant state of change during this time. Pregnancy creates many physical and emotional changes; some of them can be stressful and uncomfortable. As a woman’s body changes weekly during pregnancy, massage is the perfect way to reduce stress and promote general wellbeing.
Massage during pregnancy is safe, effective and important from the first trimester until birth. We focus on the mother-baby connection and providing a warm, safe, secure and nurturing environment where mum can rest, relax and recharge. Massage can assist in relieving the many common causes of discomfort during pregnancy.
Some of the many reasons to receive regular massage during pregnancy are:
- Increased relaxation in both the mother and her unborn baby, forming a strong mother – baby connection;
- Pain management, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain; and rib pain, common in the third trimester;
- Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension; also beneficial when in the breastfeeding position;
- Stabilises hormonal changes and blood pressure which can reduce hormonal headaches;
- Eases oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome;
- Improves circulation which minimises painful leg cramps
- Assists in maintaining muscular tone
- Reduces anxiety and improves sleep pattern for mum
Pregnancy is a time to be pampered. The major changes that are happening to your mind and body deserve special attention. Pregnancy massage can help reduce these difficulties, as well as comfort and affirm you during this significant life transition.